NEW FOR 2020! Eco-friendly alternatives to the individual mobility by car, like bike and train, grow more and more common... especially in metropolitan areas. A backpack is the perfect companion for such an urban lifestyle. Style and functionality are key elements here, as for many commuters the backpack is part of their outfit. In our preliminary research we came to realize that no manufacturer puts the right emphasis on a back-friendly, ergonomically-correct carrying system – despite the fact, that such urban utility packs often need to carry high loads. This is where the BC Urban comes into play, improving upon these deficits dramatically – and does so with plenty of style.
As known from Ergon, the torso length is 4-way adjustable and provides a perfect fit. The wide detachable hip belt transfers the load onto the hip and adds stability. Formable alloy rails inside the back plate allow for a very precise adjustment to the individual shape of your back. Its carrying comfort is so good, the BC Urban was warranted the seal of quality called “Campaign for Healthier Backs“ by the Association Forum Healthy Back – Better Living and Federal Association of German Back Schools.
The pack’s cover is made of recycled PET bottles (bluesign® certified) and is water resistant. The main compartment is easily accessible trough the full-width roll-down closure and contains a removable notebook pouch (up to 15“). Additionally the BC Urban features a useful cargo strap on the outside (for carrying parcels, packages and other bulky cargo), making it the perfect companion for the urban everyday life.
- 1 high-volume main compartment with an inside pocket
- 2 big outside pockets on the front
- 1 key pocket on the hip belt
- 1 removable, padded notebook pouch
- Detachable support frame (makes it free standing)
- Self-adjusting, pre-shaped shoulder straps
- Elastic chest harness (adjustable)
- Detachable foam supported hip belt with security belt lock
- 4-way torso length adjustment
- Contact area with 4 individual pads with wide ventilation channels between them
- Reinforced and padded back (adjustable alloy rails)
- Reflective marked Cargo Strap for transporting bulky items (attachable)
I primarily use the BC Urban to commute; I'm lucky enough to commute on singletrack, but I've had problems in the past with backpack stability, particularly around corners and in the rough stuff. Those issues are no more with the BC Urban! This pack is incredibly stable, even with a 30+ pound load, and the water resistance gives me no excuse not to go by bike!
Love this pack! Fits great with the adjustable shoulder harness and the modern look is great for on and off the bike!