All About Control! The first gravity specific grip with tapered grip shape. More damping in the outer area with slim inner diameter. The unique rubber compound manufactured in Germany offers adhesive and rebound properties which have never been seen before in a bicycle grip. The grip feeling is soft, but still very defined and precise. The surface profile provides optimal grip and reduces the gripping force at the same time. The slim inner stop additionally improves fast positioning of the hand. The high-strength aluminum inner clamp keeps the grip twist-proof even for carbon handlebars.
"Ergon's downhill specific GD1 grips really do everything they claimed to do: They are precise, comfortable, dissipate vibration and are durable." - Pinkbike
- Thinnest Point: 29mm, Thickest Point: 30.5mm
- Tapered grip shape—more external damping, slimmer inner diameter
- Top: Anti-slip zone profile
- Bottom: Minimum gripping force needed when pulled
- High-tensile inner clamp made of aluminum
- Inner stop improves orientation while gripping
- Interchangeable end plugs
- 144mm overall length, 120mm usable area
- 130 grams for the set
Them der the beez kneez. So good I got 6 pairs now. 🤪
I purchased these grips for an enduro race, as I’ve used other Ergon Grips before. I installed them correctly and both inner sleeves broke during the race in a crash. I mentioned it to customer service and was told they never had an issue and must have installed them incorrectly, even after I sent them photos. I really liked the grips, so I bought another pair and had the same issue on my 1st ride after I tapped a tree. Coincidence???