The new GP5 BioKork offers all the ergonomic advantages of GP1 grip...dissipating pressure and optimizing the hand and wrist position...combined with the unique feel of natural cork. The angle adjustable multi-hand position bar end features rubberized inserts for a firm slip free hold. The GP5 is Ergon's largest barend offering and is a favorite of commuters all over N. America and Europe.
- Barend size multi-position, 110mm
- Barend made of lightweight Nylon-Composite (GFK) with rubber inserts
- Compatible with bar-plug style mirrors.
- 40% cork sourced from sustainable forests in Portugal.
- Inner core made of compressed grass fibers.
- Rubber palm section of the grip is vegetable oil based.
- German made rubber compound, latex free, UV stable.
- Right and Left specific grips.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Available in 1 shifter styles/configurations.
- NOT compatible with carbon handlebars
- Off-road MTB use not recommended.
Offered in Small or Large, this is the thickness of the grip in hand. The Small and Large are the same length and have the same wing size. The only difference is the thickness of the grip in hand. Riders with smaller hands are best to choose the Small size. Riders with large hands are an ideal fit to the Large size. Ultimately, choice of size is a rider personal preference.
Standard: 2 full length grips
Why bar ends?
Bar ends offer the rider additional hand positions. Bar ends also allow greater leverage when pulling on the handlebars. Ergon offers its bar ends in various length to suit the demands of all riders.
I chose the GP5 bio-cork grips, Excellent fit ,quality and much much more comfortable than standard rubber grips. The grip is a perfect fit for my hands and riding long distance.
These grips really help alleviate stress on my hands and wrist. Very comfortable. The stems are really great for a change of position
Love these grips, and better yet the bar-end extenders. They make available more hand positions than just the stock grips. The bar-ends make a huge different on hills and have NEVER come loose. Highly recommend!
Back 2012, I purchased a pair of GC3 and GR2 grips for two of my bikes. I knew from the first ride that I would buy only Ergons from then on. Especially since my arthritis has increased and I have begun riding scooter bikes, I appreciate the palm rest and far-more-secure hand position/control.
Great grips for a flat bar; adds a lot more hand positions.