The new and unique rubber compound, 100% made in Germany, creates previously unknown grip and rebound characteristics. The feel is soft, yet very defined and precise. The GE1 is specifically developed around the demands of gravity and enduro riding. These 2 specific styles of mountain biking have riders gripping the handlebars very wide while the elbows are kept bent. This aggressive riding position dictates the construction of the grip. The result? The grip itself is able to prevent typical issues of arm pump in the arms and hands.
- New unique in-house produced rubber compound.
- Design to be used on the wide handlebars found on most gravity mtbs.
- Textured zones orientated against the direction of rotation of the hand.
- Lightweight high quality inboard aluminum clamp.
- Built-in handlebar plug.
- Right and Left specific grips, which are also Top and Bottom specific.
- 135mm length
- 30mm average diameter
- No removable end plug
I bought these straight from Ergon in the hopes of getting quality. First I noticed the ring at the end that tightens to the bar is plastic and already one side has cracked after tightening. I used a torque tool so not sure why they didn’t just use aluminum instead of cheap plastic.
There’s few touch points between the rider and bike and so any comfort improvement goes a long way when enjoying the day.
I have appreciated and enjoy everything I have used from Ergon.
I bought the eco factory slim clear grips and wow what a big difference,I ride pretty intense on off-road trails and the grips need to be on point in every aspect of mtb for me I am 100% satisfied and look forward to purchasing more grips
I bought the SLIM version, so I cannot comment on the other versions.
- Soft material on the hands if you do not wear gloves.
- The SLIM version is thin enough if you wear gloves. I wear a pair of thick padded half-finger gloves and it feels pretty good.
- Looks great, I bought the olive moss green model and it matches my green bike.
- It's made in Taiwan, most items I have purchased that is made specifically from Taiwan has been great.
- Durability, if you don't crash that often then these will last you a long time. If you do crash often, you better watch out where the bike lands. If the handlebar seems to be the point of contact these grips might not last you very long. I crashed on my first day and hit it right on the end point of the left grip and it loosened the rubber cover from the inner center plastic a bit. It also cut the outer rubber a bit.
- Price, these are kind of expensive for a pair of grips that may not last a few crashes. I would be more than happy to be a repeat purchaser if the price was just a bit lower.
Don't get me wrong, the crash did damage the grip a bit, but it is completely still usable and intact. The looks is just fantastic, I can't take my eyes off it much less my hands. My hands feels just really comfortable while riding. I have ODIs waiting in line as backup, but they might be waiting a little bit longer as I continue to enjoy my GE1 Evo Factory Slim grips. Plus, I will do my best to support any bike/bike components that are made in Taiwan.