New for 2022! The BA Hip Back is designed to meet the highest demands of enduro, all-mountain and gravel riding - to provide the perfect balance of ergonomics and ride comfort. Due to the lack of a back plate, a standard hip pack tends to shift when ridden in technical terrain. Ergon solved this common issue with a wide, slip resistant hip belt combined with a unique compression system that provides a reliable and stable fit. The compression system is a twist mechanism that the rider can easily adjust with one hand, securing pack essentials or even a hydration bladder safely and unnoticeable to the body.
- 3 Liter capacity
- Fits up to a 49" waist
- Ergon’s exclusively developed twist-dial allows the hip pack to be cinched close to the body with just one hand, even while riding
- The wide hip belt is ventilated by mesh inserts and ensures a stable, ergonomic fit of the hip pack in any riding situation. The upper and lower edge of the hip belt can be individually tightened. This provides an additional level of compression to secure the pack to the body.
- The pockets of the BA Hip Pack are divided into a main compartment on top with a pocket to store your keys and another pocket towards the lower portion of the main compartment. In addition, there is an additional pocket as well as a cell phone pocket on either side of the pack.
- The BA Hip Pack offers a tailor-made way to carry an Ergon BH150 hydration bladder in a practical horizontal position. Bladder sold separately and available HERE
- All discounts excluded from this product due to limited N. America availability.
Fits well and larger than expected.
Very Compact Hip Pack.
1. Fits a small 1.5-liter bladder. I use an Evoc bladder, and it works great. (sorry Ergon)
2. Outside pocket on the right holds my iPhone Max easily. Great when you want to grab your phone for that picture of the mountain lion sneaking up on you.
3. Even with the bladder in the bag, I can hold some air cartridges, a lightweight tube, and a small multitool in the top lid, and other compartments.
4. I can stick a change of lenses for my glasses in the pocket that holds the sunglasses.
5. The wide velcro belt with offset buckle make for a snug fit and no sliding down to where my a$$ should be. (special note I am an older gentleman)
6. The compression system with the rachet (similar to BOA) keeps the pack tight as you empty the bladder.
7. The jacket pull-out straps will be great when you want to stow a jacket. (also hods extra pads)
8. Great Airflow on your back.
9. If you have Fidlock Bottles, you can get a Tex base and snap an additional bottle to the pack.
The only thing I would do differently on this pack would be to have a different main buckle. Something like a Fidlock V Buckle.
Great job, Ergon.
I bought this trying to take the strain off my shoulders from riding with a hydration pack, sadly there is no way to put a bladder in and have it be effective. The pack itself is very comfortable but not what I was looking for.
Rides like it’s not even there, indeed “Ba*%#ss