The GP5 BioKork offers all the ergonomic advantages of GP1 grip...dissipating pressure and optimizing the hand and wrist position...combined with the unique feel of natural cork. The angle adjustable multi-hand position bar end features rubberized inserts for a firm slip free hold. The GP5 is Ergon's largest barend offering and is a favorite of commuters all over N. America and Europe.
- Barend size multi-position, 110mm
- Barend made of lightweight Nylon-Composite (GFK) with rubber inserts
- Compatible with bar-plug style mirrors.
- 40% cork sourced from sustainable forests in Portugal.
- Inner core made of compressed grass fibers.
- Rubber palm section of the grip is vegetable oil based.
- German made rubber compound, latex free, UV stable.
- Right and Left specific grips.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Available in 1 shifter styles/configurations.
- NOT compatible with carbon handlebars
- Off-road MTB use not recommended.
Offered in Small or Large, this is the thickness of the grip in hand. The Small and Large are the same length and have the same wing size. The only difference is the thickness of the grip in hand. Riders with smaller hands are best to choose the Small size. Riders with large hands are an ideal fit to the Large size. Ultimately, choice of size is a rider personal preference.
Standard: 2 full length grips
Why bar ends?
Bar ends offer the rider additional hand positions. Bar ends also allow greater leverage when pulling on the handlebars. Ergon offers its bar ends in various length to suit the demands of all riders.
Used for years on 2 bikes. However: “NOT compatible with carbon handlebars”(?!) - now you tell me…not had any problems.
very comfortable and easy on the wrists
Biokork or not; the wider platform provides a more comfortable base and more riding comfort for the longer rides. The forward horn handle gives more riding positions that help with hands, wrists, shoulders, back and crotch positions facilitating more comfort. Not only yes but, hell yes!
The size and quality of the grips are perfect and I enjoy the hand position options they offer.
These things are just wonderful! Three well thought out hand positions, made out of sturdy and comfortable material. Completely transformed the ride feel, and on top of that they look cool too!